Terms and Conditions – Sidewalk Magazine Skate Competition
1. To enter the competition, anytime between Monday 21 March 2011 and Friday 15 April 2011, go to www.sidewalk.com/adidas and fill in all the requested details on the official online entry form.
2. The competition is open to UK residents aged 14 years old and over only, excluding employees of the Promoters, their families, agencies and anyone to whom they are professionally connected.
3. The winning prize consists of: (A) return economy/standard class transport for two from within the UK to London, arriving Saturday 30 April 2011 and returning Sunday 1 May 2011; (B) one night’s accommodation for two at a 3* hotel (or nearest equivalent) in London to be confirmed by the Promoters; (C) the chance to meet and skate with the adidas Global skate team, including the opportunity to interview them for Sidewalk Magazine and to cover the adidas skate demo in the 23 June 2011 issue of Sidewalk Magazine (177); and (D) three (3) pairs of adidas footwear and five (5) apparel pieces from the adidas skateboarding range (subject to size and colourway availability) to be chosen by the winner from such selection as notified to them by the Promoters (subject to availability).
4. The Promoters shall not be liable in the event that hotels, transport and/or the meet and skate session are delayed, altered or cancelled.
5. The Promoters will pay for the cost of delivery of the footwear and apparel, although the Promoters shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for the actions or omissions of any postal service provider or courier.
6. If the winner is under 18 years of age they must be accompanied by an adult who must be the winner’s guest for the purposes of the prize outlined above.
7. Any entries not meeting the above criteria shall be invalid. The Promoters will not be liable for any entries which are corrupted or not received for any reason.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. One entry per person. If more than one entry is received only the first will be accepted.
10. The Promoters shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winner over and above the prize offered (including, without limitation, food and drink and travel within London).
11. The winner and guest must act responsibly at all times during the trip and whilst travelling and staying in the arranged hotel. The Promoters, the hotel, the travel operators and/or the adidas Global skate team shall be entitled to prevent any person from attending any aspect of the trip if it deems the behaviour of that person unsuitable.
12. Competition entries must be submitted online before 11.59pm on Friday 15 April 2011. The winner will be selected at random from all completed and submitted entries on or around Monday 18 April 2011 and the Promoters will notify the winner on or around Tuesday 19 April 2011 by email. If the winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of the prize or cannot make use of the prize for any reason, the Promoters reserve the rights to select an alternative winner.
13. The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The prize is non transferable and no cash alternative will be given.
15. The winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the prize on an internet auction site).
16. By entering, you agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner you will allow the Promoters to use your name, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for their publicity and news purposes during this and any future promotions or advertising.
17. The Promoters reserve the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition at any time.
18. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, the Promoters shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of the prize.
19. The Promoters will use the information which you provide or which we obtain from our dealings with you, to administer the competition. We may also use it to tell you about our products and offers, and for market research including analysis and development of our products and customer relationships. If you agree for the Promoters to use your information for these purposes, then please indicate this by ticking the relevant box(es) on the entry form.
20. Acceptance of the rules is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of the rules.
21. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
22. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction on the courts of England and Wales.
Promoters: (1) adidas (UK) Limited, The adidas Centre, Pepper Road, Stockport, SK7 5SA; and
(2) Sidewalk Magazine, 1 West Smithfield, London EC1A 9JU.