With this second collaborative project between the Quasi skateboard brand and Vans, Gilbert Crockett delved deep into the Vans archives to reintroduce a somewhat obscure silhouette, originally released back in 1994.
I think that I can vaguely remember seeing this one at the time but 1994 was a heavy year for soapbar so it's possible I may be mistaken. Nonetheless, Quasi and Vans pro Gilbert Crockett is well known for his interest in vintage Americana and he's come up trumps with this re-release.
With two new colourways (beige and navy), the original 1994 silhouette has received updates to the suede construction, along with additional tumbled leather detailing and reinforced stitching in key abrasion areas.
You’ll also find custom foxing tape, plus a removable Ultracush HD cushioning footbed and Duracap reinforced uppers to add the extra durability and functionality expected from a Vans Pro Skate shoe.
Opting to upgrade key materials while preserving an original retro athletic aesthetic, the Epoch Sport Pro LTD brings a little-known heritage shoe into the modern age in a way only Quasi could.
Available in limited quantities on March 24 exclusively through select Vans Pro Skate accounts, the new Vans x Quasi Epoch Sport Pro LTD features:
- Upgraded suede with embroidered Quasi logo on instep
- High quality tumbled leather on “V" logo
- Custom foxing tape with original 90s Osnaburg reinforcement
- Original Vans tongue label otherwise only seen on Ski-Hi’s from same era
- Refined fit with period correct flat collar, larger tongue, contoured toe cap
- Cotton twill lining with period-specific all cotton laces
- Removable Ultracush HD cushioning footbed
- Duracap reinforced uppers
- Styling complementary to massively baggy pants
Led by Vans Signature Pro Gilbert Crockett and based in Dayton, Ohio, Quasi came to life in 2015 and quickly gained favor among the growing indie skateboard scene with bizarre graphics and a serious commitment to quality. From putting blotter paper inside decks to running ads with team riders on horseback, nothing Quasi does is ever expected.
The Quasi x Vans introduce the Vans Epoch Sport Pro will be available at select Pro Skate LTD accounts across Europe from March 24th.
For more info - head over to Vans.com