Terms and Conditions – Best Trick Competition
1. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering into this competition you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude any entrant and/or any winner if he/she does not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
2. This competition is open to all entrants aged 14 years and over (UK residents only) who are validly in attendance at the skate competition organised by or on behalf of the Promoter in London on or around 1 May 2011, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies and anyone to whom they are professionally connected. No purchase necessary.
3. If the entrant is under 18 years of age, they must receive parental or guardian consent to participate in this competition and be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times during the competition. Proof of age may be required.
4. In the event that the winner is under 18 years of age, the winner must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and use one of the tickets and part of the accommodation for such purposes.
5. The prize consists of a trip for two to Barcelona including two nights 3* (or equivalent) accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis and return travel (standard / economy class or equivalent) from a UK airport to a Spanish airport together with transfers to and from the Spanish airport and hotel in Barcelona (transfers to and from the UK airport are not included). The prize is valid for use anytime before Thursday 22 September 2011 (excluding the Easter period, UK public bank holidays and any other periods notified by the Promoter) and the Promoter must be given a minimum of one month’s notice to book accommodation and flights. The Promoter does not guarantee to provide the prize on the winner’s requested dates and all flights and accommodation are subject to availability.
6. The Promoter shall not be liable in the event that hotels, transport and/or the skate competition are delayed, altered or cancelled.
7. It is the responsibility of those traveling to ensure that they have the correct documentation for travel including valid passports and adequate travel insurance.
8. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winner over and above the prize offered in condition 5 above (including, without limitation, food and drink, additional travel requirements, visas, insurance and any travel vaccinations).
9. The entrants and the winner and their chosen guest (as applicable) must act responsibly at all times during the skate competition and the trip to Barcelona. The Promoter, the hotel, the travel operators and/or the adidas Global skate team shall be entitled to prevent any entrant (including any of their guests) and any winner (as applicable) from attending any aspect of the skate competition and the trip to Barcelona if it deems the behaviour of such person unsuitable.
10. Entrants will be given up to 30 minutes to warm up before the skate competition event begins and entrants will be given up to 30 minutes to perform their best skating trick for the Promoter’s global skate team to review. Entrants will be provided one opportunity only to perform their trick(s) in the time allocated by the Promoter.
11. The Promoter’s global skate team shall award the prize set out in condition 5 above for the entrant who performs the best (determined in the Promoter’s global skate team’s absolute discretion) skate trick during the best trick contest on the skate competition event day. The Promoter will notify the winner on the skate competition event day. If the winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of the prize or cannot make use of any part of the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The prize is non transferable and no cash alternative will be given.
14. The winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the prize on an internet auction site).
15. By entering, the entrants agree to allow the Promoter to use their name, photograph, video and voice recording together with any other recordings or footage of the skate competition event day which features them, in each case for or in connection with the Promoter’s publicity, news, marketing and/or advertising purposes (present or future).
16. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw any aspect of this competition at any time.
17. The entrants’ participation in the skate competition is subject to the applicable skate and/or venue rules and regulations.
18. The entrants declare to the best of their knowledge that they know of no reason why they should not participate in the skate competition event and that they are not presently suffering from (and have not suffered from) any disease or medical condition which may prevent them from participating in the skate activities, and the entrants accept and fully assume all such risks and the possibility of personal injury, death or loss of or damage to property resulting from participating in the skate competition event. Each entrant or guardian (as applicable) will, as a condition of the entrants participation in the skate competition, be required by the Promoter to sign a medical and injury disclaimer document on the day of the skate competition.
19. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the entrants and/or guardians participation in the skate competition event and/or the winner’s or guest’s receipt, ownership and/or use of any prize.
20. By entering, each entrant acknowledges that any intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright in film and sound recordings) which arise in relation to their involvement with this competition shall vest absolutely with the Promoter and the entrant hereby agrees to immediately assign (on request by the Promoter) to the Promoter any such rights which become vested in the entrant.
21. The Promoter will use the information which you provide or which the Promoter obtains from dealings with you, to administer the competition. We may also use it to tell you about our products and offers, and for market research including analysis and development of our products and customer relationships. If you agree for the Promoter to use your information for these purposes, then please indicate this by ticking the relevant box(es) on the entry form.
22. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction on the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: (1) adidas (UK) Limited, The adidas Centre, Pepper Road, Stockport, SK7 5SA.